Golf Tournament Registration
The American Parkinson Disease Association is proud to announce
we are hosting the #1 Charity Event in Golf™
DON’T MISS THE CHANCE TO BE A CHAMPION
– AND TO PLAY AT Pinehurst, home to the 2014 US Open.
Participation in this tournament could be your first step toward playing in the National Finals. Recruit your family, friends, clients and colleagues to support a cause that matters to you. Winning teams from the more than 75 local Invitational tournaments are invited to compete for the national championship at Pinehurst, site of 2014 US Open Championship (registration fee required).The National Finals is a four-day, 72-hole tournament.
This event benefits American Parkinson Disease Association. APDA was founded in 1961 to facilitate patient and family support, medical research, and education. APDA Georgia carries out that mission through an Information & Referral Center, support of respite programs for Caregivers and affiliated support groups which provide education, counseling, assistance and referrals for the Parkinson’s community.
Monday Monday, May 4, 2015 10 am Shotgun Start, 8:30 am Registration - Smoke Rise Country Club
Enjoy a round of golf at the recently renovated Smoke Rise Country Club and support Parkinson's disease research, public awareness and Respite Programs! Each player will receive a player's gift bag, on course lunch and an Awards Dinner at the clubhouse. Prizes awarded to 1st and 2nd Place teams. Contests include Closest to the Pin, Longest Drive, and Hole-in-One prize. Don't forget the exciting Putting Contest! All winners will be announced at the Awards Dinner Immediately following play.
How to Form a Team
The National Finals and this event is a four-person scramble competition. As a result, teams invited to the National Finals must comply with the team-formation rules below:
- Any amateur golfer, male or female, is eligible to compete in the Invitational.
- Every team competing in the Invitational must have four amateur golfers whose USGA Handicap Indexes total 43.0 or more.
- Only one golfer on each team may have a USGA Handicap Index of 8.0 or less.
Golfers' handicaps are effective as of the later of:
- the day of registration for the tournament or
- the day 60 days prior to the event.
- Any golfer who wishes to participate but does not have a USGA Handicap Index must provide scorecards attested to by a PGA professional, from which a “Liberty Mutual Insurance Invitational Handicap” will be calculated in accordance with USGA Rules.
- Each golfer who has a USGA Handicap Index will be required to present a current copy of his or her handicap card to the tournament committee at the time of registration.
- All golfers will be required to present a photo ID on the day of the event.
- Any team that contains a member who does not comply with each of these requirements will not be eligible to win prizes or qualify to be invited to the National Finals.
- The Invitational and the local tournament committee have the right to deny entry of any players or teams.
Click Here for Sponsorship Information
For more information contact Barbara Mooney at email@example.com or 404-325-2020