The primary purposes of the Georgia Chapter are:
- To raise awareness about Parkinson’s disease
- To raise funds for Parkinson’s disease research
- To plan and execute educational programs with the local Information and Referral Center
- To raise funds to support the work of the Association
- To raise funds to support the work of the Chapter
- To plan and execute Chapter outreach programs for the Parkinson’s community
Those Who We Serve
Our target audience is people diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease and their caregivers. However our goal is also to serve the medical community and the community at large by raising awareness of the disease and the treatments and support available. The Georgia Chapter works in close cooperation with the Information & Referral Center to provide educational programs featuring topics that relate to Parkinson’s disease and to the caregivers. The Georgia Chapter initiates, funds and implements other outreach programs as requested by our members and our target audience.
Georgia Chapter Executive Board
President - Eric Burkard, CLTC
Medical Director - Jorge L. Juncos, M.D.
Information & Referral Center Coordinator - Lynn Ross, LMSW
Administrative Manager - Barbara Mooney
Katie Beasley - Beshara
Jessica Sherrill, CFP
To become a member of the Georgia Chapter APDA, please visit our Membership page for information and instructions.